Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

This book is the pinnacle of fantasy novels. After having this book and its sequels read to me when I was eight, I fell in love with the characters and the world. After watching the movies and researching more, I find myself becoming nostalgic, seeing the rolling hills and beautiful wild vastnesses that so rarely exist in this day and age. If there was any book I could go inside of, it would be this one. One of the things I liked the best was the utter normalness of the hero. Instead of being some kind of superhero and perfect overall, or on the other extreme, being so depressed and unstable that he does terrible things, he just has a couple quirks, his little faults, but is still lovable.

5 Stars
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment