Saturday, July 9, 2011

Paper Towns by John Green

Quentin Jacobsen has been in love with his effervescent neighbor Margo since as long as he can remember. When she disappears suddenly, he has no choice but to go on a wild goose chase after her. In short, that is what the plot of this book is.  But this book is a lot more than the plot. John Green writes with his usual wit and the road trip the characters go on is hilarious. However, I didn't really feel the characters in this one were as real. I don't know why I felt this, but they seemed a bit flat at times and forgettable. I thought Margo was defiantly complex, but her relationship with Quentin was rather awkward and I ended up feeling sorry for both of them.  Many people will disagree, but this wasn't my favorite John Green book.

3 Stars
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment