Monday, August 29, 2011

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

I think this book was the 3rd book in the Percy Jackson series. I really remember enjoying this book a few years back, and I decided to read it again just for the heck of it.
Percy Jackson is fourteen now, and is on another adventure yet again. Lord Kronos is on the rise, and his best friend Annabeth and the goddess Artemis has been captured by their former friend Luke. Percy, with four other friends, have set out to find these two and along the way, battle monsters and form tight friendships.
I thought this book was alright the second time through. I wasn't a big fan of the writing, it was pretty chatty and more telling not showing, like "We went here...then this happened". I liked the humor in it though. I think, since I read this book a few years back, my tastes have changed and the book seemed a bit young. I don't know. Would recommend this book to those maybe a bit younger than me and who are interested in adventure and Greek mythology.

3 Stars
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment