Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Golden Compass, Philip Pullman

Recently I have read the absolutely charming book The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman.
In this book the main character (Lyra) faces many challenges.
The best way to describe Lyra is wild, though deep inside she is very noble and will go through anything to help her friends and loved ones. Once when one of Lyra’s dearest friends was in danger she risked her neck for him by tricking a very fearsome king into facing him in one-on-one combat.
I can relate to Lyra because I too occasionally do very extravagant and wild things, but in the end I always try to make amends and I value friendship beyond all else.
Philip Pullman creates a very intriguing character to read about! I recommend this book to anyone whose imagination likes to stretch beyond our world and ponder the impossible.


4 Stars,
Selly

No comments:

Post a Comment