Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

“I used to think of you that way. Like the sun, my personal sun. You balanced out the clouds nicely for me,” said Bella.

Jakob sighed. “The clouds I can handle. But I can’t fight with an eclipse.”

Junior year isn’t going so well for Bella. Edward’s departure, in New Moon has left her shaken, and after Jakob Black tells her that he is in love with her, she is torn between the two. For Jakob it is like a game, whoever deals the best cards wins. Does Bella love Jakob enough to choose him over Edward?

Multiple murders in Seattle reach the Cullen’s ears, and they believe that Victoria, a vampire, is behind the mayhem. Edward believes that she is creating an army of newborn bloodsuckers. Ever since the Cullen’s destroyed her soul mate James, Victoria has sworn a vendetta on the Cullens’ vampire family. Edward’s plans, to thwart Victoria’s army, goes awry, when Alice sees them coming to Forks. Edward is afraid they will not be able to win the battle, unless they have assistance from the neighboring werewolves, but the fight over Bella has left Jakob and Edward on uneven ground.

Throughout the series I have felt like Meyer gives Jakob more character than Edward, and Edward’s mood swings in the first two books are confusing and annoying. Throughout Eclipse I found myself voting for Jakob, but Bella chooses otherwise. I can’t wait to find out how Breaking Dawn turns out with Bella as a married vamp.

4 Stars
 
Sahana

No comments:

Post a Comment