Monday, July 19, 2010

Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat by Lynne Jonell

Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat was a very pleasing
book. I liked it because it was plotted very well and had oodles of foreshadowing for a book that size. For instance, Emmy notices a rat in a shop that looks identical to their classroom pet. Later in the book you find out that that rat is the classroom pet's sister. Another reason I liked the book was because it focuses on how people can change. In the beginning the main character, Emmy, never speaks up for herself whereas towards the end it is quite the contrary.One thing I didn't like about the book is that it wasn't very descriptive. I kept having to wonder if what I'm picturing in my head is even close to being what the author pictured.

4 Stars

Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment