Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Julie Tells Her Story by Megan McDonald

Julie Albright's family had just moved into an apartment without their dad.Their mom had just opened a shop called Gladrags downstairs of their apartment.Julie had a family project to do about: My First Memory. It was about my brother and sister, when my mom was my age, when my dad was my age, the best thing that ever happened to me and the worst thing that ever happened to me.She could already interview her dad because she was going to his house over the weekend.Then she could interview her mom and Tracy when she got back.When she got to the part that was the best thing that ever happened to me that was easy for her, it was getting onto the boys basketball team. Then when she got to the part that was about the worst thing that ever happened to me she didn't want to write about the divorce her parents had so instead she wrote going to the emergency room in the biggest basketball game.When it was time to share the family project, Julie couldn't write the report so she lets them hear the tape instead. When Julie gets to the the worst thing that ever happened to me, she told them instead of using the basketball games accident. She told them about the divorce with her parents. It was a good book but not too catchy in the beginning.
 
3 Stars
 
Eunice

No comments:

Post a Comment