Friday, July 2, 2010

Geography Club by Brent Hartinger

Russel dates girls to keep his cover. Kevin can't let his team find out that he's checking them out. Min says Terese is just a friend.

But being gay and alone is hard for these teens, so a couple who find out about each other start the Geography Club. No one in the school is interested in that, so they can meet in secret and talk about problems the rest of the school doesn't face.

I had some issues with the main character, Russel. He made decisions and choices that meant I really couldn't respect him as a person. I also found him very shallow and overly concerned with appearances. The other characters and the plot were well done, but my growing dislike of the weak MC meant I enjoyed the book less and less as it went on.

2 Stars
 
Emme

No comments:

Post a Comment